Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why,... Why not?

Once in a job interview the person interviewing me asked, "If you could get paid to do one thing for the rest of your life what would you do"? I have a telling face and I am completely incapable of lying even if it would be best for the situation, so without hesitation I responded," Write. I would love to sit and write, there is something so cleansing and therapeutic about it, even if no one ever read a single word." I did not get the job. I am pretty sure I was supposed to say that I wanted to do the job that I was interviewing for. I have written in a journal on a fairly regular basis since I was thirteen. I have four VOLUMES of journals by my bed dating back to 1992. I love to write! I also am so proud of my family and I always have a new'fantastic'story about something my son has done, or learned to do, or a hilarious mishap that I have had. ( those are more frequent than you would think) By trade I am an English teacher, but, I am dyslexic which is a bit like being a blind umpire or a midget in the NBA. So I ask for your forgiveness for typos and missing words. I hope you enjoy reading and seeing pictures of my family as much as I will love posting them. My husbands question about blogging in general is ,"Why?" I say, ... " Why NOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment